Companies seek business valuations for corporate governance or regulatory reasons, or management review for critical input for decision making process. In these instances the company is at a critical moment in its life. It may be planning a major acquisition, resolving a shareholder, or joint venture dispute, seeking to reduce the gap between intrinsic and market value.
Your company may require:
- A fairness opinion on a transaction is to satisfy regulatory requirements or corporate governance concerns
- Independent and objective advice, to determine the right price to pay or accept for a business
- Valuations of unlisted companies, businesses, shareholdings, goodwill, know-how, brands and other intangible assets
- Advice for Joint Ventures / Alliances on equity splits at formation or exit in an independent or advocate role
- Support for litigation or arbitration, particularly expert witness and adjudication work in business valuation disputes
- Valuation opinions for unquoted debt or equity instruments
- Valuations for regulatory purposes e.g. Takeover Code, the Companies Act
- Investment decision analysis
- Maximizing tax benefits for individuals and organizations.
For the purpose of valuation we follow a step-by-step process which addresses the following:
Our team of business valuation experts recognizes that a valuation is not a simple exercise of numbers. We spend time working to understand the business dynamics and its key value drivers. We draw on extensive experience and apply relevant valuation methodologies. We combine this with our deep sector knowledge and benchmarking analysis to offer value-added advice.
Our portfolio of clients include
- Valuation of Internet Start Ups for private equity investments
- Foreign companies acquiring a stake in Indian companies
- Indian Companies investing in joint ventures outside India
Valuation for purpose of transfer of family ownership